Thursday 3 February 2011

End of an Era

Wow, that was quite a surprise this morning - logging on to find that everybody's favourite internet troll, Terry Koeckritz, has rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible, to coin a phrase. At least that should quell the ongoing speculation about his whereabouts over the past month, whilst possibly fuelling a new discussion about his current whereabouts. (ooh, did I just say that?)


How do I feel about it? Well, Terry was a source of endless material for my humble blog and his antics will be sorely missed. In a way, I feel a little bad for referring to the "Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead" song, in my January 17th post below. The impact he left on Conservapedia will be lasting, if not ultimately fatal. He leaves behind a website which he almost single-handedly transformed from a growing, vibrant, but slightly deranged community, into a barren wasteland, populated only by several highly paranoid administrators. Conservapedia might bounce back, but it will take a combination of time and a relaxing of the rampant paranoia (not to mention rank stupidity) that keeps good-faith editors away.


But how do I feel about Terry passing? Some say the opposite of love is hate. It's not. Those two fight it out on the same face of this particular coin. No, the opposite of love, or hate, is antipathy. And that's what I feel. I'm sorry for his family, especially his mother, for whom this must be very hard, but as far as Terry Koeckritz goes... I feel nothing.


 

8 comments:

  1. Aside from Conservapedia, it sucks to see someone go so suddenly at just 60. I mean, he's so good at trolling, we're not exactly sure he's gone. A Poe even beyond his passing - that's his legacy living on (no pun intended).

    I just wish he hadn't gone so suddenly, meaning if he were still trying to crumble the already-ruined CP, who knows what he may have been planning next. Heck, there might be a little file he was ready to send, the next era of lulz exposed from the latest SDG never to be seen...

    No last hurrah for TK, no parthian shot. I'll miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghost of GaryJ3 February 2011 at 09:02

    I initially doubted he was dead since I've never heard of that which never lived dying, but there's a first time for everything.

    I guess the devil finally called his his loan. Too bad Terry never really got the benefit of the bargain, since his brand of evil, at least as it affected most of his online victims I'm aware of, was a kind of witless bumbling douchebaggery.

    In memorium, TK:

    "Horrible to everyone all the time, his family, his internet victims, and random strangers. Horrible."

    He left nothing to mourn except an empty space that was formerly reserved for his deceit and trickery that will now have his family wondering what to do with themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you absolutely sure he's dead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't KNOW TK. You forget that. Don't assume because you know how somebody behaves online, that you know what that person is like. You could take a polite, well adjusted human being, and put him in front of a keyboard with anonymity, and his chat log could STILL read like a Charles Mansion parole hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm busy sharpening stakes as we speak. Just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I know more about his behind-the-scenes life you might imagine. He's as unpleasant - if not more so - there as on-line. But let's put that behind us now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just confirmed with the Churchill County, Nevada Sheriff's Office that Terry Koeckritz died on December 17, 2010 from cardiac arrest due to coronary artery disease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for finding that out Nutty.

    ReplyDelete